Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's not writer's block...

For a long time, I have been toying with the idea of trying to write a children's book.  Fear of failure coupled with avoidance as a coping mechanism is not a productive mix of character traits. Avoidance and lack of creativity (call it over worked and tired) to come up with a subject matter to write about have prevented me from even trying my hand (pun-tastic!) at writing. Enough of the excuses, I'm not getting any younger.  So here it is, in black and white to keep me motivated and accountable..
...Gilbert "Gilby-Do" Gilbmeister "Gilb-man" Gibby...

By December 31, 2011, I will have a rough draft of my story.  My subject?  None other than Gilbert.

With Andy's artistic skills, my book will have better illustrations than story line.  That's it!  The art will sell the book!

Truthfully, I'm excited to get started. I have a few ideas  for a picture book or two.  What do I have to lose?

Nothing like a self-imposed deadline to get ya crackin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment